Welcome to the Agency for Nuclear Projects
Since 1987 Nevada has stopped the U.S. Department of Energy’s plan to entomb more than 77,000 tons of deadly spent nuclear fuel and high-level radioactive wastes at Yucca Mountain. Nevada’s experts explain why the site is flawed, the repository design is obsolete and the proposed repository should be terminated.
September 20, 2022: Nevada files motion with Nuclear Regulatory Commission to lift the suspension of the adjudicatory proceeding for limited purposes. Read the full motion.
The Yucca Mountain Nuclear Waste Project Is Unworkable
It is time for the U.S. Department of Energy to throw in the towel on the beleaguered Yucca...
A Yucca Mountain Repository Would Not be Available for 20 Years, Or More
If work on the federal Yucca Mountain nuclear waste project restarted immediately it would be 20 years or...
Report And Recommendations Of The Nevada Commission On Nuclear Projects
Read the full Report And Recommendations Of The Nevada Commission On Nuclear Projects
Yucca Mountain Podcast
Ep. 1 - Why Finishing the Licensing Application Won't Work (w/ Fred Dilger)
- Ep. 1 - Why Finishing the Licensing Application Won't Work (w/ Fred Dilger)
- Ep. 2 - Why Yucca Mountain Is a Poor Site (w/ Steve Frishman)
- Ep. 3 - How Yucca Mountain Was Selected and Nevada's Opposition (w/ Sen. Richard Bryan)
- Ep. 4 - How Yucca Mountain Was Selected, and the Roots of Nevada's Opposition (w/ Jim Bilbray)
- Ep. 5 - Why Yucca Mountain Is a Flawed Site (w/ Dr. Gene Smith)
- Ep. 6 - How the Dept. of Energy’s Licensing Application Has Evolved (w/ Robert Halstead)
- Ep. 7 - Nevada’s Bipartisan Opposition and Commitment (w/ Gov. Steve Sisolak, SecState Barbara Cegavske, and Mike Thorne)
- Ep. 8 - Nuclear Waste Disposal and What the Future Holds (w/ Mike Thorne)
- Ep. 9 - Reason Behind NV Long Standing Opposition & Push for Consent-Based Siting (w Dina Titus)